Ahhh…the ‘Nude’ Face….I think we’d all like to fantasize that somehow, miraculously, we wake up looking dewy, fresh, rested and glowing from….whatever the case may be! But the ‘makeup artist’ truth of it all is that this look sometimes takes as much effort as any other!
I personally think all of the above ladies must be equally lovely with their REAL nude faces but a little product rarely hurts anyone…so, what’s a girl to do??? Well, the steps are the same as always, you just have to choose shades that mimic your natural coloring….
OH s*#*! You’re….Color blind? Confused? Can’t see yourself without your coke bottles? How are you going to choose the right ‘natural’ colors? No worries…ask your BFF, opinionated mother or fave gay boyfriend to help out…
- Primer….key to keeping the skin ‘dewy’ and ‘smooth’…just trust me here…no exceptions! It’s just ‘spackling’….
- Tinted Moisturizer…AGAIN! I know I’m redundant but I really mean it…this is critical for skin that…looks like pretty skin!
- Eyeshadow…No mystery here…choose two colors that are soft and disappear into your skin…a little shimmer…A-OK! One should be a hint lighter as your all over shade and a slightly darker shade for the outer corner. Since I can’t see all of you….you’re kind of on your own…but think FLESH tones. Olive or Dark skin? Look for shades that are warm. Pale or Pink like me? Look for ‘no-color’ color…
- Liner…here’s the fun part…bump up that lashline! Black…Super! Dark Eggplant…Awesome! Charcoal…YAY! Just keep it on the top lashline unless you meet the criterion for lining underneath…
- Concealer and Brows…SO IMPORTANT since there is essentially ‘nothing else’ on your face! Clean up those brows and cover those dark circles, girls!
- Cheeks…sadly, your mother has just embarrassed to the point of no return in front of the hottest guy you’ve ever met…THAT’S the color your blush should be…
- Lips…although we’re going for a ‘Nude’ look…your lips still need to be polished…don’t go bare…choose something close to your natural lip color with a slight sheen or soft gloss…
-DD Nickel, Beauty on a Budget pro
For more Beauty on a Budget tips, also check out:
- Oh… The Oscars
- 2012 Grammy’s… Beauty Hits
- Golden Globes Glam
- Do You “Over Shimmer”?
- Brown Eyed Girl
- Save vs. Splurge: Bronzer